Etiquette for virtual events
To ensure that the event is enjoyable and valuable for everyone, please remember:
- Be polite and professional at all times.
- Ensure that your behaviour is appropriate at all times (as you would behave if attending a meeting in person).
- Join from a safe location where you can remain for the duration of the meeting.
- If you will be sharing content during the event, make sure you have the files and/or links ready to go before the event begins.
- If possible, join a few minutes before our scheduled time.
- Try to keep your backdrop simple and appropriate to ensure participants focus on what you are saying and not your surroundings.
- To help keep background noise to a minimum, make sure you mute your microphone when you are not speaking. When your microphone is not muted, avoid activities that could create additional noise, such as shuffling papers.
- For better audio quality, you might want to use a headset and microphone.
- You can make it easier to focus on the meeting by turning off notifications, closing or minimizing running apps, and muting your smartphone.
- You'll retain the discussion better if you refrain from replying to emails or text messages during the meeting.
- If in the opinion of the event organiser, your behaviour is inappropriate during the meeting or you make representations or statements which are inaccurate or misleading, the event organiser may remove you from the meeting without notice. If you are removed from a meeting for inappropriate behaviour, it is likely that you will not be permitted to join any further meeting and your behaviour may be referred to the Directors of FSB who may wish to review your membership of FSB, if applicable.
How can I access Zoom?
You can use any device with speakers, a microphone and a camera, including tablets, phones, laptops and desktop. Check your device has the right settings and enough battery life before joining an event.
Download the Zoom app for the best user experience, and be sure to use version 5.0 for increased security.
If asked whether you want to open Zoom, click ‘open Zoom’. If asked about cookies, click agree and proceed.
For general enquiries regarding this event, please email: [email protected] or on the day call - 01253 361191